Homeless kids are easy targets for traffickers. Join the movement to protect our children – know the facts and sign the petition:
Scared, hungry and desperate for shelter, homeless kids are easy targets for pimps and traffickers. Join the movement to protect our children – know the facts, sign the petition and inform your loved ones:
The big game is over.
The fight to stop traffickers is not.
Unless we act now, far too many children will be at risk of being forced to sell sex for someone else’s profit.
Before the big game on February 5th, urge your city officials to join Houston in taking action in the fight to protect innocent youth.
Unless we act now, far too many children will be at risk of being forced to sell sex during one of our country’s biggest sporting events this year.
As one of America’s largest cities, Houston is considered a major hub for trafficking. As it prepares to host the big game on February 5th, the city has already begun taking measures to ensure our children’s safety is a priority. Stand with Houston and urge your city officials to take similar action in the fight to protect innocent youth.
SIGN THE PETITION AND HELP US REACH OUR GOAL: 25,000
To: The Mayor’s Office and City Council Officials Representing Cities Across America,
Major sporting events are a haven for sex trafficking – that’s why I hope you will help protect vulnerable kids in the days leading up to one of the biggest football games of the year.
As Texas prepares to host the big game on February 5th, the city of Houston has already begun taking measures to ensure our children’s safety is a priority.
If we take unified action with them before February 5th, we can weaken the trafficking market nationwide… and potentially save countless kids from sexual slavery.
I urge you to stand with Houston by taking the following measures necessary to protect innocent kids in your local city right now, and especially while hosting a major sporting event:
- Training law enforcement officers and civilians like cab drivers and hotel clerks to recognize child traffickers
- Monitoring online sex ads
- Supporting the enactment of harsher punishments for pimps and johns in your state
- Advocating for Safe Harbor Laws in your state that ensure minors arrested for prostitution-related offenses are treated as the victims they are – instead of criminal defendants – and making sure they get the help they need
- Funding programs to help homeless youth, including counseling and support
- Giving victims the resources they need to leave the streets safely and permanently
I know you agree that we must protect America’s homeless children and show them they are worthy of love, respect and safety.
By providing lifesaving shelter to thousands of homeless and at-risk youth in 30 cities across the Americas, Covenant House is on the front line of the war on trafficking.